Urban Knife Guy reviews the Kizer Vanguard V3 Vigor as an urban EDC knife.
The Kizer Vanguard V3 Vigor
Kizer Cutlery is based out of Guang Zhou, China and was founded in 2013. They are arguably one of the first Chinese knife companies to match the quality of US knife makers.
Kizer has 3 main series of knives.
- Kizer Vanguard: $50-100 for good quality knives.
- Kizer Prime: $80-200 for higher quality knives.
- Kizer Bladesmith: $150-300 which is their premium line.
The Vigor is from the Vanguard series. It features a Bohler N690 stainless steel blade and contoured G-10 handle scales. It has a simple, straightforward design that makes a great gentlemen’s folder or a sturdy EDC blade.
- Blade Length: 3.0″ (76 mm)
- Closed Length: 3.875″ (98 mm)
- Overall Length: 6.875″ (175 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz. (117 g)
- Blade Material: N690
- Stainless Steel Thickness: 0.11″ (2.8 mm)
- Blade Style: Drop Point Hollow Grind
- Handle Material: Black G10
- Liner Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
Check out Urban Knife Guy’s take on a survival tin designed to increase chances of survival and rescue or escape specifically in an urban environment should things go bad here.