The Shooziz Xun 112
Urban Knife Guy reviews the Shooziz Xun 112. Here is a quick look at the specs of the Shooziz Xun 112:
- Blade′s length: 3.14”/ 8cm
- Handle length: 4.69”/ 11.9cm
- Overall length: 8.23”/ 20.8cm Blade width: 1.04”/ 2.65cm
- Blade thickness: 3mm
- Weight: ≈124g/ 4.37 oz
- Blade – American Tanto with a Swedge and Jimping. So it is a strong blade with a strong tip for stabbing.
- Grind – Full Flat Grind and a sharpening choil
- Blade steel: Sandvik-14C28N
- Hardness: 59HRC
- Pivot system: Double-row ball bearing
- Liner Lock with stainless steel liners
- Handle material: Linen Micarta handles in black
14C28N steel, also known as Sandvik 14C28N steel, is stainless steel made by Sandvik, a European steel company in Sweden. It is mainly used to make knives, as it’s high in Chromium that has great corrosion resistance.
14C28N also offers excellent hardness and corrosion resistance because of the Nitrogen in its composition. This is unlike other steel types which use carbon to boost hardness.
The steel is easy to work on so reduces the cost of production and hence allows for the manufacture of affordable knives.
Check out Urban Knife Guy’s take on a survival tin designed to increase chances of survival and rescue or escape specifically in an urban environment should things go bad here.